Technical Theater 'Boot Camp' II
Monday, Jul 23, 2018 9:00am
Tuesday, Jul 24, 2018 9:00am
Wednesday, Jul 25, 2018 9:00am
Thursday, Jul 26, 2018 9:00am
Friday, Jul 27, 2018 9:00am
|Location||Hylton Performing Arts Center Merchant Hall|
Have you ever wondered what happens behind the scenes at a performing arts venue?
Learn essential technical production skills from the Hylton Performing Arts Center professional staff and guest faculty.
TECHNICAL THEATER BOOT CAMP II
JULY 23 - 26, 9 A.M. - 1 P.M.
JULY 27, 9 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Must have completed Technical Theater Boot Camp I or provide a technical theater resumé for review. Boot Camp II will build upon Boot Camp I and culminate with students providing technical, design, and strike support for a live performance on July 27. This session provides more hands-on experience:
- Hanging, focusing, and programming lights
- Setting the stage with platforms, flats, and other scenic elements, including flying drops and drapes
- Setting up audio visual equipment, including mics, monitors, and projectors
- Best practices for safety and efficient crew operations
- Final 8-hour day includes a performance presentation open to the public with students handling all technical requirements for a performance before a live audience
After successfully completing each session of Boot Camp, students earn a Certificate of Technical Theater Training and qualify for consideration as an intern at the Hylton Performing Arts Center.
Application deadline extended to Monday, July 16!
Scholarships available from Performing Arts for KIDS (PAK)
• Ages 16 and up (Ages 14-15 with recommendation)
• One 15-minute break provided per 4-hour session
• Vending machines are available or bring a snack
• Long pants and closed toe shoes required
• Work gloves recommended
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 703-993-9344.
Learn more about Technical Theater Boot Camp Level I