Technical Theater 'Boot Camp' II
Monday, Jul 23, 2018 9:00am
Tuesday, Jul 24, 2018 9:00am
Wednesday, Jul 25, 2018 9:00am
Thursday, Jul 26, 2018 9:00am
Friday, Jul 27, 2018 9:00am
|Location||Hylton Performing Arts Center Merchant Hall|
Have you ever wondered what happens behind the scenes at a performing arts venue?
Learn essential technical production skills from the Hylton Performing Arts Center professional staff and guest faculty.
TECHNICAL THEATER BOOT CAMP II
JULY 23 - 26, 9 A.M. - 1 P.M.
JULY 27, 9 A.M. - 5 P.M.
Must have completed Technical Theater Boot Camp I or provide a technical theater resumé for review. Boot Camp II will build upon Boot Camp I and culminate with students providing technical, design, and strike support for a live performance on July 27. This session provides more hands-on experience:
- Hanging, focusing, and programming lights
- Setting the stage with platforms, flats, and other scenic elements, including flying drops and drapes
- Setting up audio visual equipment, including mics, monitors, and projectors
- Best practices for safety and efficient crew operations
- Final 8-hour day includes a performance presentation open to the public with students handling all technical requirements for a performance before a live audience
After successfully completing each session of Boot Camp, students earn a Certificate of Technical Theater Training and qualify for consideration as an intern at the Hylton Performing Arts Center.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: JULY 12, 2018
Scholarships available from Performing Arts for KIDS (PAK)
• Ages 16 and up (Ages 14-15 with recommendation)
• One 15-minute break provided per 4-hour session
• Vending machines are available or bring a snack
• Long pants and closed toe shoes required
• Work gloves recommended
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-993-9344.
Learn more about Technical Theater Boot Camp Level I